Easy Roasted Radishes
The promise of plump and tender produce always brings me back to the farmers market. What exotic new green will I discover and saute for $2 a bunch? I was minding my own business and just perusing when I laid eyes on the chubbiest little veggies I had ever seen. My penchant for all things round and fat took over and I knew they had to come home with me.
That's right, the fat yet humble radish.
They are oh-so sweet and delectable when roasted and it's honestly my favorite way to cook these underdogs of the vegetable world. When they're raw they often have this sharp bite and when roasted, a sweetness gets brought out.
I washed and prepped some radishes the night before and used our beeswax food wraps to store them. Once roasted, they'll keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
I paired my roasted radishes with scallops on a bed of sauteed spinach. Recipe for the radishes below.
EASY ROASTED RADISHES
- one bunch of fat radishes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Have the rack in the middle position.
- Cut off the green leafy part of the radish and any lengthy root wisps. You can save the radish greens part as they are edible.
- Wash radish thoroughly and dry. Cut in half length-wise.
- Toss radish with olive oil and seasonings
- Arrange them face down and in a single layer on the baking pan
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden
- Season with extra salt or pepper to taste
If you make this recipe remember to tag us! #BEELOVELY
Let us know how you liked it a comment below.